Review of The Dark Knight Rises

Ah, the much waited, anticipated Dark knight trilogy. But I was utterly disappointed. I had high hopes for this one. We even held out on going to any other movies in anticipation of the Dark Knight. So, Saturday Tina went with couple of her friends while we watched the kids. Well, to be exact it was only three kids including our daughter.

Sunday I woke up first around 7.30 am. Looked outside to see what appeared to be a beautiful morning. I was feeling really sluggish. Made some coffee. As I was drinking the coffee, I decided to go back to bed. So, I woke up again around 9.40ish determined to hit the trail. I rushed out the door by 10am for a 2 mile run since we gonna try to catch the 12pm show. After the run, as much as I wanted there wasn't enough time to take a shower or eat anything. I changed and headed out. As beautiful as it was, being hungry & the heat kicked by butt really well during the run.

On the way to the theater, I stopped at the QuickTrip to buy a Cool Ranch & a Gatorade. Stuffed them both in my cargo pockets, bought the tickets, waited for my friend and then the show begins. Well, not immediately. For the first 20 or 30 minutes, it was all previews. Somewhat hopeful about Total Recall, although I can't remember the plot or anything from the first one except for Jamie Curtis's dance scene from one of the movie with Arnold.

The first half hour of the Dark Knight Rises seemed to be dragging on. The first appearance Batman makes to save the frightened, terrorized Gothamites from the evil Bane is to say the least mediocre. From time to time, it felt like Transformers: Dark of the Moon. A lot of focus was on the relationship between Bruce & Alfred just as Sam & Ron. Also just like Sam, Cat woman can't seemed to decide if she's deep down good or bad. Bruce seemed like an old, worn out character who's trying to make a come back but rather not. Christian Bale didn't seem that much into his character as he was on the first two and on Terminator. Joseph Gordon-Levitt as Blake/Robin did a great job. He seemed more serious, into his role.

As a kid, I remember being frightened by Bane and being in love with Uma Thurman. But this time round, what happened to Bane at the end. So Batman just pushes him into a building and that's it? And even after the truck jumps off a freaking highway with a nuclear head inside the trailer Commissioner Gordon is just fine?

And I can just go on and on about the mishaps. At the end, this is a movie not worth going to the theater but waiting for the DVD.

No comments: