By Chance

Yesterday me & my daughter we walked over to the Fitness Sports to try the Nike Air Pegasus+ 28. Right now, Nike has the 29 out for $100.00. If you ask me, that's a lot of money especially in today's economy. My timing couldn't have been perfect. I called Fitness Sports to see if they had the Pegasus 28 on sale. And they did.

With tax, my total came to $75.00. Still cheaper than $100.00. And it was an upgrade from my 27. After getting the shoe, as we were walking back this young kid came up behind us on his hybrid bike. We stepped aside to let him go. Few yards ahead, I see him getting off his bike & checking his tires out. As I walked past him, I said something to the effect: "Looks like you've got a flat." He replied, his tire came off.

Minding the hot weather & the sun, I kept walking. After we got home though, I see the guy outside on our lawn. He's sitting down, drinking from his bottle. I go outside and inquire again. He says, his dad is on his way to pick him up. So I leave him alone. The old lady next door comes out to check on him as well. By now, he's on the phone. I chat with her for few minutes and then go back inside to making a "Lock Lace/Runner's Tie" on my newly bough Nike Air Pegasus+ 28. In the other room, my wife is getting ready so we can go out to do some much needed shopping.

The guy rings the bell. I open the door. He ask if I he can borrow my bike patch kit so he can fix the tire to get home or at least try to fix it. I can see the kid is becoming exhausted from the heat and I don't have the kit. I tell him since we are going out, I can give him a ride. He seems relived & happy to get a ride. So, we load his bike up in our trunk and then drive him over to his place.

His place wasn't really that far from ours. But I can understand, relate to his agony. It was hot, muggy. It's hard enough to think straight in this heat, plus if you are running low on your water things can get ugly pretty quick. Had he choose to walk home (about a mile) he would've had to walk uphill for the most part and that would have been more challenging.

So, why am I talking about it here? Well, sometime among all the noises we forget to stop & help others. Let's not be one of those to turn our back.

No comments: