My Curiosity

Sunday night I spent about 20 minutes going through all the contacts on my cell & deleting the ones that I don't recall the name anymore, won't be talking to, will not need to or want to talk anymore. And then something happens. My curiosity takes over.

If I get my hand on another phone, I like to take it apart. See how it's assembled. I also like to take the SIM card from the other phone & plug it in my own phone. And vice versa. Also I will look for codes on the Internet & try it on my phone to see what I can do. Well, that night I got my hand on a ATT prepaid phone. Those one time phone you would buy to use for few days & then throw it away. It was a Motorola. First, I take the phone apart, then take out the SIM card & put it in my. Wow, 15 voice mail & a whole lot of txt messages. I always like to start from the end, it's easier that way to get a lot of info. I'm going through some of the txt when it hits me. These are all my txt messages. But what about the names? It's only showing the numbers & not the names. Having
done this before I had a bad feeling. Immediately, I take the SIM out & put mine back in. I lost all my recent contacts. Fucking shit. Immediately, I tried to remember my brother's cell & couldn't. Funny I didn't panick, figured I can just ask everyone for their number again through facebook or myspace.

FYI: I am not a big fan of using either one. Never been a fan using bunch of lol....

But thanks to youmail, I didn't have to even do that. Youmail is a great service. It lets me customize the voicemail for each individual caller, a group & others not in my contact. I can listen to my voicemail online for free, respond to it with a click of a button & it doesn't cost me a dime. I love their service & recently I added all my contacts in my youmail account. So I spent the next about 2 hours going through all the names & adding them back on my cell. I still lost few business number that would've been nice to have on hand. But oh well. If I hadn't talked to 'em in 2 months I don't expect to talk to them anytime soon.

By the way, with youmail I can upload my own personal message to set it for someone specific. This way business caller hears a professional greeting while my friends get all the craps from me. Love you all guys....=)

UPDATE: I am really happy with youmail's service, but yesterday I stumbled upon Grand Central. From their FAQ section it appears Grand Central offers the same service as youmail (i.e. customized voicemail) with tons of other features as well. Some of the features include conference call, call recording & such. Recently Grand Central has been acquired by Google & their service is free as well.

Like I said, I like Youmail & I'm going to stick with them for now. But here's the link to Grand Central.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wicked! I'm soooo going to set up an account. Yay!

Thanks. *wink*