My New Year's Eve Celebration

As the clock was ticking towards midnight, everyone is getting excited, thrilled to celebrate new year's eve. Around 11.00pm, I was home. The house was exceptionally quite. Jesse was in Hollywood, not sure where Eillen & Monica went out to. Everyone was out to welcome 2008. I put my phone on silent mode, sipped two spoons of Tylenol Multi-Symptoms Severe Cold, laid down wrapping myself in blanket & began to surf the Internet. I could hear the fireworks around 11.30ish. There was a nice rhythm to it. Listening to the fireworks I slowly began to drowse & before I knew I was fast asleep.

This was by far the lamest new year's eve I have ever had. I was suppose to be either in Westwood or in Delano to celebrate like everyone else, but didn't happen. Why?! Well, keep reading.

The next day, I don't have any energy left on me to even get up from bed. I lost my appetite completely, don't want to eat, can't get myself out of bed. By noon, I figured if I don't put something in my mouth, I'm gonna get worse. So, I went to McDonald's and ordered a large fries & two BBQ snack wraps. I couldn't finish the whole meal, but was enough to sip two more spoons of Tylenol.

Going back to the 31st, I went to see my doctor around 9.00am. Hoping to get in early & get checked out. Lo behold, his office is closed until the 4th on January. The next day someone told me about another doctor on Hollywood. I got her number that night. I dragged myself out of bed that morning around 9am, called the doctor's office & asked for the earliest appointment. Lucky me, I could see her that very morning at 10.30am. Great, even though she's not my doctor & it was going to cost me more but I needed, wanted to see someone fast.

10.30/45am I am at the doctor's office. I am sitting on the edge of the bed as she examines my eyes, tongues, ears & then my nose. She stops at my nose and says:

"Oh my god."

I am calm, waiting for the worst news. I knew something was up. It's been over a week since I came down with a nasty cold, fever & cough. I've never been this sick & I could tell I wasn't getting better at all. Next thing she hooks up a little tube in my mouth & asks me to breath through the tube and this machine is going on making whirling noise. After all done, she says I've got acute bronchitis & symptoms of asthma. Just fucking great. I had a feeling that I had bronchitis. Cuz 4 years ago when I picked up smoking I was diagnosed with this shit. But I haven't smoked since then so what gives?!

Well, according to her the traffic, the fucking polluted air is not liked by my lung. It's not the cold, cuz the cold here in LA does even stand a chance compared to Ks. More or less, I am used to extreme cold & it doesn't even fucking snow in LA, damn it! So, I got home that afternoon with 4 different medications. After taking the medicines, we head out to the Getty Center. We were suppose to go to the Long Beach Aquarium, but I was still feeling crappy & didn't want to be anywhere near water.

The Getty is an amazing place. It's an art museum. Initially, I was having a good time until my friend started nagging. He cares more about the women in tight clothes than an art preserved from 1738. That was really irritating me, soon I started to get a headache. Before I know, the headache was too painful. We decided to cut the whole thing short, grab something to eat & then go to my house. I needed some pain killer bad. I hit the bed early again that night.

I am getting better now, feeling somewhat better as well. And I better after paying $68.00 fucking dollars for 4 pills, only 4 pills. I still get a nasty headache from time to time. I can't wait to get well so I can go out & party. I asked the doctor if it was OK to go running, she said running is fine. It's been almost week & a half since I've run. Me & Jesse, we will be going out for a run this evening.

No comments: