Daughter on the Bike

Yesterday I got home and after a long day in home Tina is going to the gym. Great. Well, I rode to work and now back again. Need to cover n lock the bike since we live in an apartment. Can't wait to move in to the house....=)

So I go out to move and cover the bike with our daughter. Just covering the bike is not good enough for me. It has to be in a spot where I can see it, check on it from our apartment. Being always worried more about our daughter, I tell her to hop on the bike in front of me. First she resist. She is hesitant. Then she says if I take the key out of the ignition, she will hop on. A three (soon to be four) year old, how do you come up with this kind of stuff??!!

After putting the key in my pocket, finally I get her to hop on. Only one problem. I am not tall enough to reach the handle bar with ease and maneuver. So, I tell her to get down and get up from the back. She actually gets down and up with quiet ease, as if she's done it before. I ask her to hold me real tight. I push the bike over with my feet to where I want to park it. Have her get off and then I cover it and lock it.

What was amazing is her reaction the whole time. She was enjoying every moment of it and after getting of the back she even patted and kissed it too. While I was getting ready to lock it up, she kept wanting to get back on it again and again. First I was reluctant and then I figured why not. If anything it will only encourage her down the line.

And that is true for any other settings as well, my friend. I have noticed, how she's become more and more of a book worm. She loves going to the library, buying(to her) books, and reading. Sometimes she will pretend to read herself and most times she will ask one of us to read them to her. She always loves collecting cars, playing with them to. She plays with cars more than dolls. A lot of these things are influenced by one of us, either intentionally or unintentionally.


No comments: