Moving in bad weather

This Saturday, I moved back to Lawrence from Topeka. The weather was horrible. It's been snowing the day before and very cold. I still took the chance and moved before school starts. The day I moved, I didn't go over 50 mph on the highway. I didn't care if people were getting pissed, I was not going to take any chance and wrecked the U-Haul truck. By the end of the day, I was completely exhausted. I had lost my appetite and could sleep either. I hate moving and carrying stuff.

And that's when it hit me. Maybe we should have move around instead of move in. I think especially college kids like us will love this one. As a student or in general, someone needs a bed to sleep, study table, dinner table, stereo to listen music, and TV to watch movies and stuff. So, the way it would work is like this:

I am moving to Lawrence. I need a two bedroom apartment. I check a website where I find Emily. She's got a two bedroom apartment and she's moving out of it. So, I will just take over her apartment while Emily takes over someone Else's. That way, we don't have to worry about moving any furniture with us and pay for a truck or carry stuff around. All we do is, transfer the utilities. That simple.

Anyway, while I doubt if this will ever happen, nothings impossible. I am glad to be back in Lawrence. Even though, I couldn't wait to get out of Topeka, here's a list of things I will miss about Topeka:

1. The Shunga Trail,

2. Governor's Mansion, and

3. the convenience of driving. I really liked being able to jump on the highway.

No comments: