Being Thankful to our parents

Yesterday, talking to my dad he reminded how in high school I used to cover my head over minty hot water to take in all the steams.

For a moment, I was thinking really?! I did that? Can't remember why? Maybe clear my voice for singing?

Anyway, since moving to NC each Spring I have been continuously coming down. This time was no exception. I came down hard on Saturday night around 2.35am and it has been non stop suffering.

So, he suggested I try that to sooth my pain from cough. Around 6.am I woke up and was greeted with some good old cough and I am not even a smoker anymore. Ran downstairs, drink some water, no good. Take some med, still no good.

Going thru the pantry trying to find some Halls and no luck. That's when I remember our (me & dad) convo from yesterday. Put up some water on the stove with the intention to drink some hot tea with some fresh ginger in it. As the water starts to boil, I stand tall over it just inhaling the steam, kinda like a steam bath but more efficient and economical.

Wow, slowly I start to feel much better. The cough subsides. Now, that could be either because of the prescription med or the steam from the ginger hot tea. That's yet to be experimented on and determined.

Either Thanks dad.

BTW, I was able to manage a good 3 milers in yesterday. It's funny. My leg and body is still ready but my lung says otherwise, wheezing like a old man from the damn cough.

3 comments:

Bullion Jackpot Call said...

Informative post about "Being Thankful to our parents"

Genuine Commodity Tips | Commodity Tips

Geeks Widget said...

Thank you Bullion Jackpot Call.

Free MCX Trading Tips said...

waoo nice written article about "Being Thankful to our parents"

Thanks,

Gold Hni Calls | Intraday Tips Free Trial