Being in IT


So, what is it like being in IT? Why am I even asking that question after all these years?

Well, we had to make a pretty big decision between relocating to Minneapolis or Charlotte. That’s another post, to be followed soon. But this process has been frustrating. Making the decision and getting everything lined up, has been a major pain. But as we are preparing to leave, I have been discovering a lot about myself and to some extent about my better half.

About myself, being in IT:
1.       Very detail oriented. I constantly find myself going over several things over and over.
2.       With that also comes, things being in order. Even if it looks chaotic from outside, in my head at least I have a good idea the order things should be.
3.       When things are not in order or the details are fuzzy, I get irritated easily.
4.       Having a child I have also learned the value of “Backup Plan.” It is very important for me to have some sort of backup plan in place if one or two things go wrong during the process.

There’s a devil inside me that sometimes wants to throw everything on the curb and just go with. I highly doubt that will ever happen; I highly doubt my subconscious will ever let me do that though.

Now, these might be desirable to have on an employee. What will happen though when I get old? How am I going to react to forgetting things? Things not being in order…

About Pagli:
1.       She has enormous patience. Whether it is putting up with all my madness, going over everything over and over or just Siana or both, she puts up with it.
2.       She has the ability to calm me down. I need to figure out how exactly she does that?
3.       She is also starting to see things more from a flowchart perspective. Thinking ahead and now.
4.       She is always trying to find ways to save money. Since we have been thinking about a second kid, I would’ve never think of using Siana’s crib but she first made the suggestion to save us from buying another one.

No comments: