Up late, FedEx Kinko's sucks, & Porsche

It's 4am on Saturday & I'm up trying to figure out what to do after I'm done writing this post. Probably study Managerial Accounting a little. The plan was to sleep for few hours, get up, run 4/5 miles, then study. But I guess change of plan. Well, enough on that.

Last Thursday I needed to scan about 43 pages of document into pdf format so, I can email someone all the documents. First trip to FedEx Kinko's. My options?!

Option 1. Pay .40 cents a minute to use one of their computer and scan each (remind you again 43 pages of documents) page and then save it.

Option 2. Pay the clerk $6.00 dollar per page to have all the pages scanned & he will save it as a pdf. WOW

I asked him about the Scan option in one of their copier, but he said that can't be done. Since the copies isn't hooked up to any computer to store the files. And all this time I'm thinking this is FedEx. With this kinds of inefficiency how on earth are they still in business?! Of course, I opted for the 3rd option.

And that is, visit Copy Co, the local shop in town. Since I needed so many pages scanned, the clerk was nice enough to charge me only $20.00 dollars. Again I paid $20.00 dollars to get 43 pages scanned that he saved himself on my jump drive twice as a pdf and once more as a jpeg file. Just in case.So, what was the $20.00 dollars for?!

It would have cost about the same to get all those documents copied. So he was nice enough to just scan it for me but charge me less.

And that's why FedEx Kinko's sucks for being inefficient, wasting my time in their store.

Porsche: Between Ferrari & Porsche, I am not a very big fan of Porsche. But one of their recent commercial deserves some applaud. I love the commercial. For two reasons: First, the song in that commercial, and I think you can guess the second one =)



If you loved the song as I did, it's by "2raumwohnung" & the song title is "weil es liebe ist." I've looked all over the Internet trying to find the whole song, so far no luck. I love the song a lot, I might just get the whole album from Amazon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hmmmm - I think I like that commercial too :-)