D. Dannett on faith and Human Evolution

It's been a while since I had the chance to write. I've been very busy between work & trying to choose the right school for MBA and possibly moving at the end of this year. Read a great article on NS this week. Here's few lines & the link to the whole article:


"Are humans still evolving? In the vernacular sense of improving morally and intellectually - by cultural changes - I think so," says Steven Pinker. "In the biological sense of changes in the gene pool, it's impossible to say."

Are we still evolving? by Kate Douglas

Another reading on the Washington Post. Daniel C. Dennett discusses democracy over faith. You can also join the discussion board at the end of the article.

"What we tend to lose sight of, however, is the price we must pay for this religious freedom: we must commit ourselves to the First Amendment principle of separation of church and state even when the principle works against the interests of our particular religion."

Protecting Democracy Comes Before Promoting Faith by Daniel C. Dennett.

Another really great read again from NS on Human Evolution this week. For this one you would want a human evolutionary tree around while reading. It will make more sense. In one of my previous blog "Neanderthal's DNA code unveiled" I posted one tree. Here it is again and the link to the aritcle:

Instant Expert: Human Evolution by

John Pickrell

Well, I've got a busy weekend ahead of me. Friday evening attend friends graduation, then graduation party afterwards. Saturday office party & I will be the DJ. This one is really scary since in a club you can get by playing hip hop, R&B and Rap. But an office party is a completely different environment. I have to mind the folks in their late 60's and also get the yound crowds going at the same time. Sunday, plan on going to the new National World War I museum in KC, Mo. I'm excited about this trip, it should be a lot of fun.

No comments: